ES draft version on 2022-04-07 /
- The global project is very large and must be broken down
in smaller steps. An incremental development strategy is
- The full project will need to be supported by a large
community of open minded people sharing know-how in Open
- Main objective:
- At the current early stage the essential question is to
explore the feasibility and usefulness of graphs for medical
decisions, making prototypes.
- Begin with analysis of the traditional decision
process. Look at "Differential Diagnoses" manuals and
attempt to translate that in a visual graph. Make a
minimal prototype which demonstrate how decision logic can
be managed as graphs.
- Mile stone:
- From an application point of view, the above represent a
minimal coherent prototype, but many technical challenges
need solutions in order to demonstrate the feasibility in
a nice way..
- Such a meaningful prototype will become eligible for
grants and sponsors opening the the way to further
- In order to motivate medical expert we need good visual
presentation of graphs. A kind of "chicken and
- Main tasks:
- Software developments:
- Developers begin to work on a first minimal version of
- Medical knowledge base:
- Medical experts, particularly with teaching experience,
who will draw their knowledge directly in graph mode, at
least in a limited medical domain.
- Patient record:
- Draw experimental patient records as graphs with
particular attention to the relations Observation(s) --->
Problem(s) ---> Action(s)
- Patient information evolves step by step when more
information become available..
- Decision support:
- Integration between the graphs of patient records and
- At any time in a consultation, the main issue is "
Given what is already known about the patient up to now,
what should be done next ? ", i.e. the relative priorities
of recommendations for typically more explorations as
questions, examinations, as well later recommendations for
- Road map:
- Basis graph editor:
- Using the graph editor make an experimental graph knowledge
base in at least one medical domain.
- Basic consultation prototype:
- basic example of decision support
- Integration of the above into a meaningful "proof of
- Seek resource from sponsors and apply for grants.
- More developments
- Mile stones of evaluation of the preliminary results and
choices for the next developments.